The summer is quickly coming to a close, and if you’re a faithful fan of the Tony Brewer blog, you know what that means – galas! Starting this month and stretching through December, we’ll be lending our glamorous touch to nothing short of six gala events. But our connection to these events is about more than glitz – we support their causes!
Take a look at past pictures of some of these upcoming events and learn more about what they support, why they support it and why you should do the same!
- Sept. 15: The Opera Ball is an Atlanta favorite and an annual fundraiser showcasing the talents of Atlanta’s own opera, considered
one of the best in the nation. Besides being an amazing artistic asset, the Atlanta Opera is actually a non-profit organization, bringing over $39 million of economic impact to the region each year. This year’s theme is “A Night in Seville,” so get ready to see the St. Regis transformed into a beautiful Spanish-style courtyard and dining room!
- Oct. 13: Jazzoo, Zoo Atlanta’s creative cocktail event, is now in its fifth year and shows no signs of dimming in popularity. The creative cocktail event targets professionals for an evening marked by an open bar, cuisine from dozens of the city’s best restaurants and lots of live entertainment. The best part: Since 2008, Jazzoo has raised close to $400,000 to support Zoo Atlanta’s internationally acclaimed great ape programs, such as the Great Ape Heart Project, and the Primate Research Department.
- Oct. 19: Each year, The Boys & Girls Club of Metropolitan Atlanta hosts one of our favorite events – a gala which highlights the contributions of individuals and organizations dedicated to making a positive impact on the Atlanta community. With more than 800 attendees, the Hometown Heroes dinner and awards program has grown into is one of Atlanta’s biggest and most anticipated philanthropic events.
- Oct. 20: For the past 31 years, the Arthritis Foundation’s Crystal Ball has helped raise funds for arthritis research and empowering programs and services that improve the lives of the more than 1.6 million Georgia residents dealing with this painful condition. Since its inception in 1982, the Crystal Ball has raised more than $6 million and has become another of our favorite events to work with!
- Oct. 6: Timeless Affair – Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Oct. 25: Devereaux Annual Fundraiser
- Dec. 15: UNCF Mayor’s Mask Ball
We’ve got our outfits picked out and our dancing shoes on – we hope to see you at some of these glamorous events!
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about dancing in the rain.
Love the blog? Let us know!